I guess we are spoiled runners here in Northern California. The weather is usually perfect for running:
- not too hot
- not too cold
- dry most of the time (we do have a drought problem…)
- no snow
- little wind
Seriously, the weather forecast people call it a “storm” when we have rain forecast of about 0.5 inches of rain. And no, I am not making it up. Rainfall is measured in 2 decimals. Like last month where we had a day of rain which measured 0.02 inches. And no, I am still not making it up.
So, usually our running trails look like this: dry as a bone
- Check if the trail is muddy
- If muddy, check if mud sticks on shoes.
- If mud sticks on shoes: Do not run! (you will take days to clean up your shoes afterwards…)
- Go and run on the streets!